• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
Digital News Updates
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business

FBI Confirms Former President Trump Was Struck by Bullet in Assassination Attempt

July 28, 2024

Following an assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump earlier this month, the FBI has confirmed that Trump was indeed hit by a bullet. In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump described being “shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear.”

The FBI’s confirmation came Friday evening, verifying Trump’s account of the incident. “What struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle,” the FBI stated, as reported by multiple news outlets.

Earlier this week, FBI Director Christopher Wray had cast some uncertainty regarding the nature of the projectile. During testimony before the Republican-led House Judiciary Committee, Wray had said, “I think, with respect to former President Trump, there’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear.” His remarks came in response to questions from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) about the trajectory of the eight shots fired by the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks.

Wray noted that while it was conceivable the bullet could have caused a grazing wound and also landed elsewhere, the FBI believed it had accounted for all shots fired. Jordan had specifically inquired whether the first shot was the one that hit Trump.

The assassination attempt occurred during Trump’s rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13. Crooks, who fired from a rooftop, was shot dead by the Secret Service. The attack resulted in one death, two injuries, and left Trump with a bloodied ear.

In response to Wray’s earlier statements, Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung criticized the doubts cast about the nature of the injury. “Anyone who believes this conspiracy bullshit is either mentally deficient or willfully peddling falsehoods for political reasons,” Cheung told Business Insider.

Trump, who appointed Wray as FBI director in 2017, remains the Republican presidential nominee.

By: DNU staff

Filed Under: Featured, Home Featured, News

Related Articles:

  • Montana Airports to Receive $25 Million in Federal Safety and Infrastructure Grants
  • Zinke Introduces Bill to Let Allies Pool Purchases of U.S. Defense Equipment
  • U.S. Economy Added 177,000 Jobs in April
  • Former Montana Senator Identifies Herself as Source of 2018 Harassment Complaint Against Windy Boy
  • North Dakota District Judge Todd Cresap to Retire After 17 Years on the Bench
  • Gianforte Touts Bozeman’s Rise as a National Business Hub

Primary Sidebar

— Advertisement —

Digital News Updates Logo

Recent News Posts

  • Nonprofit Brings Intelligence Community Expertise to the Fight Against Human Trafficking
  • Knudsen asks SEC to strictly scrutinize OpenAI’s IPO filings to protect investors
  • Pentagon Pumps $191 Million Into Rocket Motor Supply Chain
  • Montana Climbs to 8th in National Fiscal Health Rankings

Recent Politics Posts

  • North Dakota District Judge Todd Cresap to Retire After 17 Years on the Bench
  • Montana Airports to Receive $25 Million in Federal Safety and Infrastructure Grants
  • Former Montana Senator Identifies Herself as Source of 2018 Harassment Complaint Against Windy Boy
  • Gianforte Takes Tax Cut Pitch to Southeast Montana on 56-County Tour

Recent Business Posts

  • Arizona Lemonade Brand Hits Montana Shelves With a Nod to the State Fruit
  • Pentagon Pumps $191 Million Into Rocket Motor Supply Chain
  • Stocks Post Sixth Straight Weekly Gain
  • Butte-Based Silver Bow Mining Rings NYSE Opening Bell

Copyright © 2026 Digital News Updates, All Rights Reserved.