• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
Digital News Updates
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business

Gianforte Secures Montana’s Inclusion in Federal Vaccine Program

February 16, 2021

Following conversations between Governor Gianforte and White House officials on Friday, the Biden administration today announced Missoula County has been selected to receive vaccines through the Federally Qualified Health Center COVID-19 vaccine program.

“I appreciate the Biden administration responding to my urgent request and including Missoula County in their federally-run vaccine program, after originally notifying DPHHS that the state would not be included in the initial phase,” Governor Gianforte said. “I’ll continue to work with our federal partners to ensure Montana receives our fair share of these safe, effective vaccines.”

After learning late last week that Montana had not been selected for the initial phase of the program, Governor Gianforte raised the issue with President Joe Biden. The governor reiterated his concerns in a Friday afternoon conversation with White House officials.

Senator Steve Daines joined Governor Gianforte in welcoming the announcement:

“The COVID-19 vaccine is critical to getting our lives back to normal. I’m glad to see Montana chosen as a hub for more vaccine doses and thankful for Governor Gianforte’s leadership in bringing more vaccines to our state,” Senator Steve Daines said. “I look forward to continuing to work together to ensure every Montanan who wants a vaccine, can get one.”

Despite the encouraging announcement, Montana continues to receive one of the lowest allotments of vaccine per capita in the country, according to recent CDC data, and Governor Gianforte will continue working to ensure the state gets its fair share of vaccines.

The Biden administration launched the Federally Qualified Health Center Program for COVID-19 Vaccination starting the week of February 15th. According to the White House, the first centers can start ordering doses this week, with other centers – including Missoula – eligible to place an order in the next two weeks.

PRESS RELEASE PROVIDED BY GOV. GIANFORTE

Filed Under: News

Related Articles:

  • International human smuggling ring exploiting Canadian visa system thwarted by US
  • Gabbard announces resignation, cites personal reasons
  • Pro-life org: Informed consent for abortion pill impossible without doctor visit
  • Knudsen asks SEC to strictly scrutinize OpenAI’s IPO filings to protect investors
  • Gianforte Touts Bozeman’s Rise as a National Business Hub
  • Montana Climbs to 8th in National Fiscal Health Rankings

Primary Sidebar

— Advertisement —

Digital News Updates Logo

Recent News Posts

  • NextEra Energy Proposes Battery Storage Facility Near Billings
  • USDA DESIGNATES 10 MONTANA COUNTIES AS PRIMARY DROUGHT DISASTER AREAS
  • Gabbard announces resignation, cites personal reasons
  • MONTANA FOSTER CARE ROLLS CUT IN HALF UNDER GIANFORTE

Recent Politics Posts

  • Gootkin Confirmed as U.S. Marshal for Montana
  • North Dakota District Judge Todd Cresap to Retire After 17 Years on the Bench
  • Montana Airports to Receive $25 Million in Federal Safety and Infrastructure Grants
  • Former Montana Senator Identifies Herself as Source of 2018 Harassment Complaint Against Windy Boy

Recent Business Posts

  • Short Sellers Circle Micron Even as AI Chip Demand Drives Record Gains
  • Arizona Lemonade Brand Hits Montana Shelves With a Nod to the State Fruit
  • Pentagon Pumps $191 Million Into Rocket Motor Supply Chain
  • Stocks Post Sixth Straight Weekly Gain

Copyright © 2026 Digital News Updates, All Rights Reserved.