• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
Digital News Updates
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business

FBI Confirms Former President Trump Was Struck by Bullet in Assassination Attempt

July 28, 2024

Following an assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump earlier this month, the FBI has confirmed that Trump was indeed hit by a bullet. In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump described being “shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear.”

The FBI’s confirmation came Friday evening, verifying Trump’s account of the incident. “What struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle,” the FBI stated, as reported by multiple news outlets.

Earlier this week, FBI Director Christopher Wray had cast some uncertainty regarding the nature of the projectile. During testimony before the Republican-led House Judiciary Committee, Wray had said, “I think, with respect to former President Trump, there’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear.” His remarks came in response to questions from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) about the trajectory of the eight shots fired by the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks.

Wray noted that while it was conceivable the bullet could have caused a grazing wound and also landed elsewhere, the FBI believed it had accounted for all shots fired. Jordan had specifically inquired whether the first shot was the one that hit Trump.

The assassination attempt occurred during Trump’s rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13. Crooks, who fired from a rooftop, was shot dead by the Secret Service. The attack resulted in one death, two injuries, and left Trump with a bloodied ear.

In response to Wray’s earlier statements, Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung criticized the doubts cast about the nature of the injury. “Anyone who believes this conspiracy bullshit is either mentally deficient or willfully peddling falsehoods for political reasons,” Cheung told Business Insider.

Trump, who appointed Wray as FBI director in 2017, remains the Republican presidential nominee.

By: DNU staff

Filed Under: Featured, Home Featured, News

Related Articles:

  • President Trump Launches TrumpRx.gov
  • Montana State announces record spring enrollment of 16,373 students
  • War Department Cuts Ties With Harvard University
  • Knudsen urges expanded House Judiciary investigation into judicial bias
  • Medal of Honor Monday: Navy Lt. Carlton Hutchins
  • Treasury Sanctions Hizballah Finance Network, Gold Exchange and Shipping Firms

Primary Sidebar

— Advertisement —

Digital News Updates Logo

Recent News Posts

  • War Department, USDA Team Up on National Security
  • Leading Researcher Named First UM Endowed Chair in Fisheries Science
  • Robins Air Force Base Laser-Focused on Aircrew Eye Protection
  • Seattle settles for $29M with family of student killed by speeding police officer

Recent Politics Posts

  • Climate and energy experts praise Trump’s Endangerment Finding repeal
  • Western senators propose wastewater program renewal
  • Property Owners Sue Montana Revenue Department Over Assessments
  • White House Touts Cooling Inflation, Rising Real Wages in New CPI Report

Recent Business Posts

  • Energy Stocks Lag as Oil Prices Ease
  • Fed Officials Signal Patience on Rate Cuts
  • Stockman Bank Donates $15,000 to Support Student Field Trips to Heritage Center
  • Banks Navigate Slower Loan Growth as Rate Outlook Shifts

Copyright © 2026 Digital News Updates, All Rights Reserved.